- A PhD in Water, energy and food nexus modelling and decision-making across scales at Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- A Postdoctoral Fellowship in AI-enhanced climate services at the European Commission Joint Research Centre, Italy
PhD position at Politecnico di Milano
The Environmental Intelligence for Global Change Lab at Politecnico di Milano invites applications for 1 PhD position (36 months) on “Water, energy and food nexus modelling and decision-making across scales.”
The research will focus on:
– Integrating Impact Assessment Models (e.g. GCAM, RICE) and river basin operational model in complex transboundary contexts.
– Developing a robust decision-analytic making framework to assess the local impact of global policies.
– Analysing potential policy feedbacks across scales.
Qualifications for this position include a M.Sc. in water resources engineering, or a related field of environmental engineering. Alternatively, candidates with a background in computer and/or automation engineering, artificial intelligence, applied mathematics or related fields are also encouraged to apply. Strong numerical and computational skills are required as well as English language skills both in oral and written communication.
This post is part of the EU PRIMA project AWESOME “Managing Water, Ecosystems and Food across sectors and scales in the South Mediterranean.”
The application package must include CV, list of publications, and the name of two references. Deadline for the package submission: 15 April 2021.
The application and any informal enquiries must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Postdoc position at European Joint research Centre, Italy
There is an interesting opportunity to join my about to start JRC project on AI-enhanced climate services. The available post-doc position is at JRC Ispra (Italy) for 2 years.
If you know anybody interested please share this information.
To get more details and to apply: https://recruitment.jrc.ec.europa.eu/?site=IPR
Code: 2021-IPR-A5001-FGIV-016650 – ISPRA
FG IV – SCIENTIST – EXPLORATORY RESEARCH PROJECT – AI-enhanced Agro-Climate Service (AIACS)
Deadline: 14 April
Andrea Toreti, PhD
Joint Research Centre