Job Vacancies and Post-doctoral Opportunities
- Use your expertise in marine ecosystem modelling
- Work with internationally recognised scientists in world class facilities
- Join our team at CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
The successful applicant will play a role in the development of a strong program of research within a multi-disciplinary group to support the sustainable use of Australia’s marine resources.
You will help execute a research portfolio in the area of risk assessment and ecosystem modelling, working with a group conducting research into ecosystem-based management of the coastal and offshore waters of Australia in relation to activities such as fishing, energy, mining, tourism, environmental conservation, and rural and urban development. The research approach is based on a scientific understanding of the functioning and dynamics of socioecological systems, including the interactions of natural and multiple human activities. This work requires an understanding of marine ecological modelling, model uncertainty and modern approaches to the science-management interface.
The work will include: collation and analysis of relevant socioecological data sets (e.g. oceanography, diet contents, economic statistics, social networks and other biological, economic and social spatial and temporal data); assisting with modelling of socioecological processes; assist with multicomponent marine risk assessments; development and refinement of methods for incorporating observational data information into multispecies and ecosystem models; and the development and refinement of methods for model parameterisation, fitting and uncertainty analysis
Your duties will include
- Assist in the application of marine and coastal socioecological models – specifically multispecies/ecosystem models of intermediate complexity (MICE), as well as approaches such as size-based models, Atlantis, Ecopath with Ecosim agent based models and risk assessment-based approaches.
- Interact with CSIRO researchers and the broader research and resource management communities to identify research priorities and develop new project proposals.
- Produce high quality scientific and/or engineering papers suitable for publication in quality journals and for presentation at national and international conferences.
Location: St Lucia, QLD
Salary: AU$97,276 – AU$105,269 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 5 years specified term
To be successful you will need
- A doctorate and or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as systems modelling, quantitative marine/aquatic or fisheries science
- Direct experience in the development, calibration and delivery of marine ecosystem models.
- Experience in the initiation of original research work and development of innovative approaches to research problems.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out independent individual research, to achieve organisational goals.
- A record of science innovation and creativity plus the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Sunday 20 January 2019
We are pleased to inform you that several recruitment opportunities are currently or will soon be promoted within the framework “Initiative of Excellence of the University of Bordeaux” (IdEx University of Bordeaux), granted by the French national program Investing for the future.
Three individual calls for application are already published, each of them describing application modalities, examination processes and applicable calendars:
- Post-doctoral fellowship program: it is addressed to high-profile international young candidates promoting their own project to be developed in one of the site research teams;
- Junior Chairs: supporting young, high-profile international researchers in setting up a research activity within one of Bordeaux academic laboratories;
- Visiting Scholars, expected to contribute with their unique expertise to the development of research projects, training programs, innovation in higher education, or technology transfer.
We thank you for relaying this information to any person who might be interested in these opportunities.
Call for applications are available on the website: https://idex.u-bordeaux.fr/Talents
Chargée de projets de recherche
Avenue Léon Duguit, 33608 Pessac cedex
T. 05 56 84 29 36
lundi, mardi, jeudi, vendredi
Position available : Spatial Agricultural and Environmental Sciences at the University of Sydney.
- Teaching and Research position focused in University of Sydney
- Full-time, Continuing Role, Located at Australian Technology Park, Eveleigh
- Academic Level B or C, Base Salary: $104,155 p.a. – $147,115 p.a. plus leave loading and a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation. Visa sponsorship is available if required.
Applications are invited for a lecturer (Level B/C) in Spatial Agricultural and Environmental Sciences with expertise in statistical and mechanistic modelling, focused on agricultural and/or environmental terrestrial systems. SOLES has a program of teaching in statistics that covers first year to Honours and Masters level. It is expected that the candidate will strongly support this teaching program, and develop a secondary teaching program related to spatial-temporal analysis of agricultural and/or environmental systems with an emphasis on the use of sensing technologies (remote or proximal) to measure, monitor and manage terrestrial landscapes. The combination of quantitative analyses with the use of remote sensing technologies is an area of research SOLES is looking to strengthen. The successful candidate is expected to develop internal and external partnerships to develop and support an active research program. The successful candidate will further play an active role in the supervision of honours and higher-degree research students.
Closing date: 11:30pm, 4 November 2018
For more information, visit https://tinyurl.com/y95vqqbf
External Conferences and Seminars
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria
Workshops and Training
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria
PhDs, Scholarships, Awards, and Funding Calls
PhD top up scholarship – Understanding and managing climate risks to waterway health in unregulated river systems
PhD project with industry funding – Modelling shoreline vegetation to inform operations of Lake Victoria, NSW
PhD top up scholarship – Improving flow-ecology models to improve environmental water management in a changing climate
Professor Roland H. Lamberson
Emeritus Professor of Mathematics
Humboldt State University
Arcata, CA 95521
- 2017 Lamberson Medal Winners
- 2018 Medal Recipient
- 2019 Medal Recipients
- About the RMA
- Lamberson Medal
- RMA Fellows
Get in touch
- November 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- December 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- April 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- September 2015
- July 2015
- September 2014